Filter (Pour-Over) Coffee
18g coffee > 300ml water > 3:45 - 4:15 brew time
1. Boil the kettle
2. While the kettle is boiling, place the paper filter in the brewer and rinse briefly under the hot tap. This helps to reduce any taste the paper might impart to the coffee and also warms up the brewing device.
3. Add the coffee to the brewer, measure 18g of coffee per 300ml of water or 1.5 to 2 scoops/tablespoons of coffee per person.
4. Start the timer, then pour 300ml of hot water onto your coffee, stir gently to ensure the grounds are wet and place the lid on top of the brewer
5. At 2 minutes, remove the lid and give a gentle stir to ensure no grounds are stuck to the side.
6. Immediately place the brewer onto your mug or vessel and the coffee will drain through
7. Your coffee should finish draining through between 3:45 and 4:15 minutes
If your brew was slow and tastes bitter, coarsen your grind. If your brew was fast and tastes weak and sour, fine your grind.
If you want more body, up your coffee dose and adjust grind to taste.